1. DON’T worry! The color is non-toxic. Just colored cornstarch, so don’t let that worry you.
2. DO bring a ziploc baggie for your phone. You will want to take pictures, but you don’t want to ruin your phone.
3. DO bring a change of clothes and/or a towel for your car.
4. DO bring a bandana to cover your mouth and nose if you plan to get doused.
5. DO wear sunglasses. It helps keep the cornstarch out of orifices that don’t appreciate being invaded by foreign substances.
6. DO plan for enough time. If you’re going to pick up your race packets the day of the race, leave plenty early. There is likely to be a LONG line, and you will want time to go back and put your things in the car because we don’t have a place to check a bag.
7. DON’T wear anything too precious. The color may or may not come out of your clothes and shoes so wear old ones that you don’t mind getting mucked up a bit. As for your shirt, you can spray it with vinegar and iron in the color if you want to keep it as a souvenir.
8. DO wear white! Most everyone wears a white shirt, and you can go all out with white headbands, shorts, knee socks . . . whatever floats your boat. It’s fun to see them go from pristine white to rainbow in a matter of minutes. In fact, if you want, go all out and wear a crazy costume! Why not???